Modern life causes us to spend hours sitting at our desks - creating bad posture - rounded upper back, caved in chest and forward head. Bad posture sets us up for painful neck and shoulder issues.
Pilates is a method of exercise that focuses on precise movements to get the most out of every action. This less than 1 minute long video demonstrates 5 simple Pilates exercises that will improve your posture at your desk!
The 5 Pilates exercises to improve your posture at your desk are:
1. OFFERING: Arms are bent at your sides, reach forward, open arms as wide as you can, feeling stretch in your chest. Do 5 times.
2. MERMAID: Reach one arm to the ceiling as the other arm reaches toward the floor - feel like you are the top color of the rainbow reaching toward your pot of gold! Do 5 times on each side.
3. SPINE TWIST: Hold onto the back of your chair and turn as far as you can. Do 3 times on each side.
4. BREAST STROKE: Reach arms up toward the ceiling, circle your arms outward and downward as you lift your gaze and your heart toward the ceiling. Do 5 times.
5. SIDE NECK STRETCH: Hold onto your chair and tilt head toward the opposite shoulder. Do 3 times on each.
Please reach out with any questions - I love hearing from you! If you find the information helpful - please share. Please follow Hooked on Pilates® on Instagram/Facebook for exercise inspirations and Hooked on Pilates® YouTube for full length workouts. Thank you!