MINIMAX: Level One Seminar - Description:
This entry level seminar is designed for medical (physical therapists/assistants, occupational therapists/assistants, athletic trainers) and fitness professionals (personal trainers, Pilates and yoga instructors) interested in including the Pilates method in their treatment toolbox. The seminar will focus on developing effective lumbo-pelvic stabilization programs with beginner to intermediate Pilates exercises. The seminar will be equal parts lecture and lab. The lecture will focus on anatomy - including the musculo-fascial networks, current theories on lumbo-pelvic stability and discussion of special populations: post-surgical, disc, stenosis, pre-natal, post-natal and osteoporosis. Lab will focus on teaching each other the exercises.
Earn 12.5 physical therapy continuing education credits
MINIMAX: Level One Seminar - Objectives:
1. Learn effective verbal and tactile cues to get the results you want
2. Analyze motor control breakdowns and create effective neuro-muscular retraining programs
3. Understand how the three major musculo-fascial ligamentous networks can be used to increase lumbo-pelvic stability
4. Learn the Pilates movement philosophy and apply it to beginner to intermediate PIlates exercises done on the MINIMAX but which can be applied to mat, arc, reformer or BOSU exercises.
5. Learn How to modify the exercises to fit the client's condition and fitness level
Schedule: Saturday (May 30th)
9:30 AM-10:00AM Registration
10:00 AM-12:00 PM Lecture: Anatomy and theory of stabilization
12:00 PM-12:30 PM Lecture: Introduction to Pilates concepts
12:30 PM-1:30 PM Lunch (on your own)
1:30 PM-2:30 PM Lab: Basic Pilates exercise to fortify the Pilates concepts
2:30 PM-3:30 PM Lecture: Common post-surgical cases
3:30 PM-4:30 PM Lab: Tranversus abdominis and multifidus exercises for the post surgical client
Case study 4:30PM-5:00PM - Adjourn
Schedule: Sunday (May 31st)
8:00 AM-9:00 AM Lecture: disc issues and neural tension
9:00 AM-10:00 AM Lab: Practical application of musculo-fascial ligamentous networks for stability
10:00 AM-11:00 AM Lecture: Stenosis and Osteoporosis
11:00 AM-12:00 PM Lab: Modifications for the senior client
12:00 PM-1:00 PM Lunch (on your own)
1:00 PM-2:00 PM Lecture: Pre-natal and post-natal issues
2:00 PM-3:00 PM Lab: Pelvic floor exercises and exercise to remediate diastasis recti
3:00-3:30 PM Self quiz - Adjourn
$350 per participant (early bird rate) until April 30th, 2015 then $400 per participant
Cancellation Policy: Full refund minus $25 administrative fee until 2 weeks before the course, then no more refund is possible.
What to bring?
A mat, towel and comfortable clothes